When the pressure is on or unforeseen circumstances arise, we default to the habits that are the most comfortable—the habits that we practice on the most consistent basis. The key is to identify the habits that are creating the gap between where we currently are and the outcome we desire to create and then create new habits around the fundamental skills or actions that will create that desired outcome.
Six Steps To Building Better Habits:
- Identify exactly what you want.
- Create powerful emotions around the reason why you want to achieve it.
- Identify the habit currently holding you back.
- Diagnose the cycle of the current habit.
- Create a strategy, take consistent action, and celebrate as often as possible.
- Reinforce all of these steps on a daily basis.